Every season brings about different skin problems for men – winter is no exception. To help your skin weather the winter, we’ve put together this exhaustive list of cold weather skincare tips.
1. Don’t shy away from lip balm. Use a men’s lip balm daily to maintain natural moisture in your lips. Cold, winter air can easily dry your lips out and lead to chapping. Most lip balms and chap sticks are small enough to fit easily in your pocket, making them the ultimate travel companion.
2. Moisturizing regularly is more important than ever. The first thing you do each morning in the winter months should be to apply Advanced Face Lotion to your face, hands and neck. Moisturizer keeps your skin soft and will help prevent dry patches and eczema. If you’re prone to dry skin throughout your body, you can apply Advanced Body Lotion as well.
3. Turn down the heat. Avoid using extra hot water in your shower or while washing your face. While you may think there’s nothing quite as wonderful as a steaming shower to warm you up after spending time in the cold, the truth is that too-hot water can actually cause damage to your skin. Overly hot water can dry out your skin and lead to further problems, so it’s best to opt for warm water.
4. Remember to dress up. Wear a warm hat and gloves when you leave the house. A hat is especially important since it keeps your scalp warm and can minimize wintery dandruff. If your skin gets too cold and dry, dander becomes more of an issue. A proper head covering will help this. Similarly, a decent pair of gloves will keep your hands warm and dry without sucking the moisture out of them.
5. Stay hydrated. Good hydration is even more important during the winter, so drink plenty of water while you’re out. Carry a water bottle with you if it helps you to remember to drink. Extra water is important during the winter months since your skin can start to dry out even when you don’t feel thirsty.