How to Get Bigger Arms
In terms of attractiveness, big arms are a close second to flat abs. With the right men’s sports nutrition supplements and fitness regimen, you can get bigger biceps and triceps for a more attractive — and intimidating — appearance. Follow these tips on how to get bigger arms:
1. Eat more. If you want to get bigger biceps, you’re going to have to pack on some significant mass. In order to do that, you need to be eating more than you currently are (assuming you’re not overweight). Start by adding 500 calories to your current daily caloric intake; this will help you gain about 1 pound a week. Make sure these calories come from high-protein foods and not candy bars and other unhealthy fare — protein is critical to muscle growth. Lean meats, nuts, beans and seafood are all good protein choices. You should also consider a men’s whey protein powder to further supplement your diet and maximize muscle repair and growth. “What is a Men’s Whey Protein Supplement?” for more details on how a whey protein powder for men can help you.
2. Take a men’s pharmaceutical-grade creatine supplement. When you’re participating in an activity that requires explosive movements such as weight training, your body uses creatine for energy. The more creatine your body has at its disposal, the more reps you can push out. An extra rep or two may not seem like much, but they go a long way in terms of strength and muscular development. Research has shown that men who supplement their diets with a creatine monohydrate supplement see significant strength and lean muscle growth when following a strength-training program.”What is a Men’s Creatine Supplement?” further explains the benefits of a creatine supplement.
3. Don’t neglect your triceps. A lot of guys who want to get bigger arms tend to focus solely on their biceps. Instead, they should be targeting their triceps; triceps make up a larger part of your arm. Incorporate triceps exercises like dips and extensions into your workout to help you get big arms as well as give your arms a more complete workout.
4. Gradually lift more weight. If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always gotten. That old saying applies to getting bigger arms, too. If you’ve been lifting the same 25-lb. dumbbells for months, it’s time to upgrade to some 30s or even some 35s. Sticking to the same weights will help you maintain existing muscle, but you’re not challenging your muscles enough to grow. If you can’t get through all your sets with the new weights, just do what you can until your muscles grow accustomed to these new changes. You can always use a pre-workout supplement for men for an extra boost just before your gym session.
5. Change your routine. Just like you should change the amount of weight you lift, you should also change your routine every few weeks. If you’re always using free weights such as dumbbells, try using machines and/or cables for a few weeks and vice versa. The key to getting bigger arms is to continually challenge your muscles — and you can do that by avoiding the same old stale exercises. “6 Muscle-Building Mistakes” offers more advice on building bigger arms and gaining muscle mass.
6. Rest. There’s no need to train your arms every day. Overtraining can actually do more harm than good by opening you up to injury; hurt yourself and you’ll set yourself back several weeks — and even months — in progress. Try to keep the arm workouts to no more than twice a week, and always have a rest day during the week where you refrain from all exercise. Your muscles actually do the majority of their growth while you rest, so a good night’s sleep is crucial. “How Sleep Affects Men’s Health” goes into more details about how a lack of sleep and rest can hurt your health.
7. Be realistic. Genetics play a huge role in just how big your arms can get. If you’re a short, small guy, chances are you’ll never get the guns that professional bodybuilders can achieve – at least not naturally. And even if you did, you’d probably look pretty lopsided and ridiculous. As long you eat right, work out regularly, rest often and take important supplements like a men’s whey protein powder and anabolic activator formula, you’ll be well on your way to building the biggest arms your body can handle.
Bonus Tip – Make sure you use men’s exfoliating products regularly to reduce the risk of developing stretch marks as you increase muscle mass. Men’s skincare products like a men’s body scrub can help get rid of dead skin cells and encourage new skin cell growth to minimize the appearance of stretch marks. A men’s body scrub can also help polish skin to make muscle definition more noticeable. “How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks” offers more men’s skincare advice for dealing with this sports-related skin problem.
Please Share Your Thoughts
|Get Exclusive Content and Coupons >|
How to Protect Your Skin From Sun Damage
Sunlight has been clinically shown to improve moods and increase your body's vitamin D more...