As we get older, so does our skin. Fine lines are inevitable, but there are ways to delay their onset and reduce their appearance. With the proper men’s anti-aging regimen, you can limit the development of fine lines and continue to maintain a youthful appearance for many years.
What are fine lines?
Fine lines and wrinkles are often mentioned together and for good reason. Fine lines are basically superficial wrinkles. Unlike the deep creases we normally associate with wrinkles, fine lines are not as prominent. As a result, they’re a lot easier to manage than regular wrinkles. Without the right men’s skincare regimen, though, fine lines may progress to full-fledged wrinkles in men. Follow these men’s anti aging tips to prevent and eliminate fine lines.
How to Prevent and Get Rid of Men’s Fine Lines
1. Don’t smoke. Smoking is not only bad for your lungs but also for your skin. The damage that smoking causes can lead to premature aging signs like fine lines and undereye bags in men. While the best solution is to quit altogether, we know it can be difficult. Instead of quitting cold turkey, make gradual changes until you eventually stop altogether.
2. Load up on antioxidants. Antioxidants can help minimize the damage caused by free radicals, which are atoms and molecules that can prematurely age men’s skin. Incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet can help boost your antioxidant intake as can a men’s antioxidant supplement.
3. Exfoliate more often. Exfoliating your skin regularly – aka removing dead skin cells – can actually help encourage the growth of new skin cells. An exfoliating scrub for men can even smooth out existing fine lines and reduce their appearance. Just don’t exfoliate every day – too much exfoliating can actually make matters worse.
4. Don’t sleep on your back. The last thing you want to do is crumple up your face in a pillow. This can lead to fine lines that can eventually become deep wrinkles if you’re not careful. Become accustomed to sleeping on your back to minimize the risk of sleep lines.
5. Invest in a men’s retinol anti-aging cream. Retinol is all the rage in the anti-aging industry because it works – and it works extremely well. Study after study has supported retinol use for delaying the onset of aging signs like fine lines in men. A retinol cream with other advanced skincare ingredients can not only help prevent fine lines in men, but also minimize existing fine lines. For fine lines around the eye area, consider using a men’s eye cream, which has been formulated specifically for use in that sensitive area.
6. Wear sunscreen. Spending too much time outside can wear out your skin, so always wear a men’s sunscreen if you intend on being outdoors for a while. A broad spectrum sunblock is your best defense against fine lines since it helps not only protect from UVA rays but also UVB rays.