If you want to look buff, you need to build bigger shoulders. Big shoulders are attractive traits that look good with or without a shirt on. Whether you want big deltoid muscles to attract a partner or scare the other guys at the gym, you’ve come to the right place. Read on to find out how to get big shoulders and pack on significant muscle mass.
1. Lift hard and heavy. To increase the size and strength of your deltoids, you need to lift heavy weights and stick to low reps. Lift an amount that only lets you pump out 6-8 reps before your form starts to go south. Doing more reps at lower weights does more for your muscular endurance than for your muscle size and strength. “6 Best Weight-Lifting Tips for Men” has more advice on improving your resistance-training program.
2. Take MenScience Creatine Workout Results Booster. A creatine supplement for men like Creatine Workout Results Booster has a number of muscle-building benefits. First, it helps supply your muscles with extra adenosine triphosphate, the energy needed for muscle contractions. This is particularly helpful for workouts involving explosive movements; you’ll be able to lift heavier weights for longer. Workout Results Booster also helps increase cell volume, which gives your muscles a fuller, larger appearance. The triple-activated creatine matrix in Workout Results Booster provides the benefits of three different types of creatine for maximum results. Check out “Why Take a Men’s Creatine Supplement” for more on the benefits of creatine.
3. Attack your shoulders from all angles. You’ll need to do a variety of exercises to target your shoulders and upper back. Shoulder presses, upright rows, dumbbell shrugs and lateral raises are all exercises that should be a part of your shoulder routine. You may also want to try mixing free weight exercises with machine exercises. This combination can help make sure you hit your shoulders in all the right spots.
4. Maximize recovery with MenScience Post-Workout Accelerated Recovery Formula. Exercise breaks down your muscles, so give them the fuel they need to recover faster and stronger. The ideal mix of carbs, protein and amino acids in our men’s post-workout supplement can help reduce shoulder muscle soreness and speed up recovery so you can get back in the gym sooner. “What is a Muscle Recovery Formula?” lists the many reasons you should consider a post-workout supplement.
5. Don’t overtrain your shoulders. Contrary to popular belief, your muscles do the majority of their growing while you’re at rest – so rest often. You should keep your workouts separated by at least 24 hours. Also, there’s no need to train your shoulders more than once or twice a week. Any more than that and you’ll significantly increase your risk of injury. Your rotator cuff is particularly susceptible to injury if you do too much too soon. Go slow at first and increase weight as your muscles and strength develop. “Best Fitness Tips for Men” has more advice to help you prevent injury and boost your workout results.
6. Balance your workouts. We guys tend to focus on the “blockbuster” muscles like shoulders and arms, but the rest of your body needs attention as well. Only working out your upper body can create muscle imbalances that can hurt you and make you look ill-proportioned. Remember: Your ultimate goal should be overall fitness – not just massive shoulders.
7. Boost protein intake with MenScience Whey Formula Advanced Protein Complex. Without enough protein, you’re significantly limiting your muscle growth. For a convenient protein boost, try our premium whey protein powder. Whey Formula contains three different types of fast-absorbing protein along with branched-chain amino acids for optimal absorption and maximum protein synthesis. To calculate your protein needs, read “The Benefits of Protein for Men.”