For some guys, body acne is a serious issue. Having second thoughts about taking off your shirt at the beach, pool or bedroom because of a bad breakout can really do a number on your self-confidence. Fortunately, there are some tried-and-true methods that can help you battle men’s body acne and help you win the fight. We’ve listed the top 5 ways to get rid of body acne below:
1. Wash yourself regularly with a salicylic acid body wash. Regular bar soap and mass-market body washes can help keep your skin clean, but they do little – if anything – in fighting body acne. What you really need to battle body acne is a cleanser like MenScience Daily Body Wash. This salicylic acid body wash contains hard-hitting ingredients that leave your pores clear and super refreshed. You can find more information about it here.
2. Avoid ill-fitting clothes. Tight clothing can trap sweat and debris that may in turn clog your pores. This is a big issue if you exercise regularly, so make sure you wear the right clothing when you hit the gym. Also try to avoid coarse fibers that can irritate your skin and contribute to redness and other skin problems.
3. Exfoliate a few times a week. Exfoliating with a body scrub 2-3 times a week helps deep clean your skin and remove any debris that may have snuck past your usual body wash. If you suffer from acne scars, exfoliation is a great way to help minimize their appearance. Another advantage is that exfoliation opens up your pores so other MenScience products can be absorbed more efficiently. Exfoliation 101 lists other great benefits of this process.
4. Stop popping pimples. No matter how tempted you may be to pop your body pimples, DON’T DO IT! Doing so can actually turn your temporary pimple into a permanent scar. Instead of popping zits, consider using a men’s acne lotion or some salicylic acid pads. Both these options can help reduce breakouts relatively fast (24-48 hours) without the risk of scarring.
5. Stay out of the sun. If you have body acne scars, try to limit your sun exposure. Prolonged sun exposure can make your scars darker and more pronounced. If you absolutely have to be outside for an extended period of time, make sure you use some MenScience TiO2 Sunblock SPF 30 to protect yourself from the sun.