In addition to eating right and exercising regularly, adding a supplement formulated for men to your daily routine can help you improve your body from the inside out. MenScience recommends you keep the following in mind when deciding which supplement you would like to take.
* Men’s supplements and vitamins offer a wide variety of choices, so first identify what specifically you would like to accomplish to narrow them down. For example, are you concerned that you are not getting enough protein? Are you looking to maintain your weight? Do you want to improve your skin or hair?
* Check with a doctor before taking a nutritional supplement if you have a pre-existing medical condition, no matter how slight.
* Do some research on the nutritional ingredients in a product before purchasing and make sure you are buying from a source you can trust.
* If you have not taken a supplement before, ease into it. Introducing a large amount of a new substance into the body can sometimes cause nausea or irritation, so keep doses low at first.
* Be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day to assist in processing vitamins and supplements. Take a supplement either with food or after a meal to avoid nausea or discomfort.
* Spread doses out evenly through the day, rather than taking several supplements all at once in the morning.
* Try not to take a supplement just before you go to sleep. Some ingredients, like selenium, can produce a “caffeinated” feeling and keep you awake.