For most guys, skin care and grooming should be simple, effective, and most importantly, fast. But go too fast, and it’s easy to overlook some of the smaller details. Smaller details that unfortunately make a big impression. For instance, consider the delicate skin around your eyes?.
There are men who won’t allow a single gray hair to crop up without reaching for the clippers or hair dye, and yet wrinkles at the corners of the eyes and dark under-eye circles are left completely untreated. This can pile years on anyone’s face, whether they’re 21 or 65.
The ironic part is that you can reduce wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness by following some very simple steps that include moisturizing and applying different temperatures to your eye area.
Guidelines for reducing wrinkles:
1. Regularly apply an eye cream every night before you go to sleep. Products containing antioxidants, Vitamin K and Kojic Acid, like MenScience Eye Rescue Formula, are key to preventing and diminishing sagging skin and fine lines.
2. Get some sleep. Your whole system, including your skin, needs at least 8 hours a night to recharge and repair any damage. Fitting in those precious ZZZs can be tough, but well worth it in the long run.
To diminish dark “raccoon eyes”:
1. Heat up 2 cups of water on the stove until hot, but not boiling.
2. Remove from heat and place the Eye Gel Mask in the water until it is warm to the touch.
3. Rest the warm mask on your eyes for 15 minutes.
4. Remove mask, pat skin dry and rub a few drops of Eye Rescue Formula into the skin area around each eye.
5. As an alternate remedy, try placing slices of raw potato over your eyes for a few minutes. You might feel ridiculous doing it, but there’s a reason it’s a time-honored home remedy—potatoes contain an enzyme that lightens pigmentation and reduces dark areas.
To reduce puffy eyes:
1. Place the Eye Gel Mask in the freezer for 20 minutes.
2. Remove and wrap it in a damp wash cloth.
3. Place over eyes for 10-15 minutes. Cold temperature constricts blood vessels, slightly diminishing the flow of fluid into tissues and reducing puffiness in the process.
4. Finish up by patting eye area dry and applying Eye Rescue Formula around each eye.