Due to a long commute, the high price of gas and the weather, getting to a gym can sometimes become a hassle. This is why working out at home should be a part of any guy’s fitness plan. A home gym offers the convenience and ease that an off-site location can’t — everything you need is right in your home. All you have to do is purchase the right equipment. Here are a few items you should consider when building a home gym and creating a home gym workout.
Home Gym Essentials
– Kettlebells. The kettlebell has become a popular workout craze – and for good reason. It provides both a strength training and cardio workout in one. This small metal ball with a handle can help you burn hundreds of calories in one workout, especially when combined with a pre-workout supplement for men that boosts your metabolism. Their shape and size also makes them easy to store.
– Dumbbells. Every guy should have a dumbbell or two around the house – no exceptions. Dumbbells are one of the easiest and most effective ways to build upper body strength. They can be used for a variety of exercises, making them extremely cost-effective. Another advantage: more range of motion. Free weights let you attack muscles from all angles while exercise machines are typically fixed in their positioning. Combine dumbbell exercises with a men’s creatine supplement to maximize muscle power and size.
– Rubber Resistance Bands. Rubber resistance bands are great for targeting hard-to-reach muscles such as muscles in the back and inner thighs. They are particularly useful when you’re traveling – you don’t need to pack heavy dumbbells and other workout equipment in your bag when you have these awesome bands.
– Jump rope. Jumping rope is the one of the best ways to get a cardio workout in a short amount of time. This exercise tool will help you increase your heart rate and speed up your metabolism in no time. Just like resistance bands, it’s easy to pack when you find yourself traveling a lot. The only downside is that if you live in an apartment and decide to jump rope, your downstairs neighbors will probably end up hating you.
– Exercise bike. Stationary bikes are the lazy guy’s solution to an effective cardio workout – you just sit down and pedal away. Due to its size, a stationary bike may not be ideal for apartments and smaller homes, but it’s a must if you have the space. Also, it’s a home gym tool to own if you’re just starting a fitness plan because it helps you burn calories without requiring you to stress your body too much.
– Treadmill. The treadmills of today make running easier on your joints and legs. Many of the newer models come with amazing features like an MP3 player dock so you can listen to music while working out. Again, this type of home gym equipment may not be ideal for smaller dwellings. If that’s the case, you can still get your running fix another way: running through your neighborhood.
– Men’s Workout Supplements. Keep your kitchen stocked with premium workout supplements to boost your workout performance and get fast results. Pre-workout and post-workout supplements are a must as is a men’s whey protein powder. If your goal is to increase muscle mass, you want to consider a men’s creatine supplement and anabolic activator, which can help muscle-building processes for noticeable gains.