How to Get Rid of Men’s Pimples
Pimples don’t just affect teenagers. Men’s adult acne is a common problem among many men that can affect their self-confidence. Fortunately, you can get prevent and eliminate pimples with the right men’s skincare products and regimen. Try these men’s pimple tips to get rid of pimple breakouts and restore your clear complexion.
Face Pimples in Men
1. Make sure your men’s face wash has salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is one of the most effective pimple treatments available. Washing your face daily with a men’s face wash that contains this acne-fighting ingredients can help clear your pores, reduce the risk of pimple development and manage existing pimples. You can have too much of a good thing, though: Overuse of a men’s liquid face cleanser can irritate your skin and make your complexion worse.
2. Exfoliate 2-3 times a week. A men’s exfoliating face scrub contains microfine exfoliating beads that can help scrub away debris and dirt for an even deeper clean. This further reduces your risk of clogged pores and pimples. Because of its deep cleansing nature, a men’s face scrub should not be used every day – a few days a week is enough to get maximum benefits.
3. Treat individual pimples with a men’s pimple spot cream. For the occasional pimple, there’s no need to slather acne lotion on your whole face. Treating that unwanted visitor with a high-quality men’s pimple spot cream is enough to eliminate that sucker within 24-48 hours. Large or more persistent breakouts should be handled with a men’s pimple lotion. Both these men’s acne products contain benzoyl peroxide, another dermatologist-recommended ingredient to fight acne.
4. Refrain from picking at your pimples. As tempting as it may be to touch and pick at your pimples, you increase your risk of infection and scarring. While popping may help get rid of an unsightly pimple in time for your date, you’re likely going to get stuck with a permanent acne scar. Just let the acne products do their work and keep your hands away from your face. Just remember to consult a dermatologist before using any men’s acne product.
5. Control oily skin with a men’s face mask. A men’s face mask uses natural ingredients to help soak up excess oil that can wreak havoc on your pores. A face mask for men also helps keep skin soft and supple, delaying the appearance of aging signs.
Body Pimples in Men
1. Use a men’s body wash with salicylic acid. What’s good for your face can also be good for your body. A men’s body wash with salicylic acid can help keep your chest and back clear by dissolving dull buildup that can make skin appear older and contribute to men’s body pimples.
2. Refrain from hot showers. Hot showers can dry out skin and irritate existing body pimples in men. By sticking to cold or lukewarm showers, you help your skin retain moisture and maintain its healthy-looking appearance. Using a men’s exfoliating body scrub with glycolic and salicylic acids 2-3 times a week while showering can further reduce the appearance of aging signs and keep your torso free of acne pimples.
3. Always use sunblock if you have body pimple scars. Extended sun exposure can make acne scars darker – and more difficult to eliminate. When outside for a prolonged period of time, use a men’s SPF 30 sunblock to protect your skin from both UVA and UVB rays that can cause sun-related skin damage.
4. Try men’s acne pads with salicylic acid. Both benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid are effective for treating body pimples, but benzoyl peroxide may stain clothes if you don’t give it enough time to absorb properly. You can avoid this issue altogether by using men’s pimple pads on your body acne pimples; salicylic acid is not a bleaching agent. Acne pads are also great on the go because they’re ultra-portable and can be kept at your work desk or gym bag.
5. Use breathable fabrics. Tight-fitting clothing and fabrics can trap sweat and bacteria that can clog your pores and cause body pimples. This is especially true if you lead an active lifestyle. Wearing looser clothing and sweat-wicking materials may help you feel cooler as well as reduce your risk of body pimple development.