When we think of forehead lines, we usually think of people deep in thought. Although forehead wrinkles in men can be caused by repeated facial expressions, they’re usually a result of normal aging of the skin. So the only way you’re going to get rid of forehead wrinkles completely is if you time travel. Fortunately, there are some less drastic – and more realistic — ways to delay forehead lines and minimize their appearance. Here’s what you can do to start looking years younger:
1. Invest in a men’s anti-wrinkle cream. It’s an obvious step, but one that many people fail to follow. Advanced anti-aging ingredients like retinol have been shown to effectively reduce wrinkles and restore skin’s elasticity. By applying an anti-wrinkle cream like MenScience Anti-Aging Formula daily, you’ll improve your skin’s appearance and ward off free radical damage.
2. “Stop making that face.” Mom was right when she said to stop making funny faces. Like we mentioned earlier, repeated facial expressions may contribute to forehead lines so it’s important that you avoid squinting and other expressions that cause unwanted lines. That doesn’t mean you should avoid expression emotion 24/7. It just means that some expressions – like squinting – are easily preventable (e.g. get new glasses) and should be avoided.
3. Throw out your cigarettes. Yes, quitting smoking is easier said than done. We aren’t saying it’s a simple task, but you’ll be doing your skin – and the rest of your body – a tremendous favor by taking steps toward breaking this terrible health habit. You don’t need to quit cold turkey – simply decreasing the number of cigarettes you smoke in a day can help.
4. Get enough antioxidants. Needless to say, your diet plays a huge role in your skin’s health. Antioxidants are critical to fighting off free radicals, which can prematurely age your skin. Up your intake of fruits and veggies, and invest in amen’s antioxidant supplement to get a full spectrum of anti-aging nutrients.
5. Stay out of the sun. Direct sun exposure can speed up the development of wrinkles so it’s important you use adequate protection. If you plan on being outdoors for a while or if you live in a hot climate, an SPF 30 men’s sunscreen is the way to go. A broad spectrum sunscreen like MenScience TiO2 Sunblock SPF 30 also helps protect skin with antioxidants and green tea to prevent dry skin signs like flakiness, redness and itchiness.
6. Don’t pick at acne. Picking at acne on your forehead can lead to scarring, and it can damage the underlying skin structure. Instead of popping pimples, useMenScience Acne Spot Repair to help eliminate pimples within 24-48 hours.