No guy wants to lose his hair, but sometimes it might be out of your control. A receding hairline is typically one of the first signs of male pattern baldness, and many guys try to hide it with a combover or some other off-putting hairstyle. Instead of resorting to those unsightly methods, try these tips to help you deal with receding hairlines in men.
1. Use a gentle shampoo. Sometimes, receding hairlines and hair loss can be attributed to harsh shampoos and conditioners that can damage your hair.MenScience Daily Shampoo is scientifically designed for men’s scalps and contains a number of gentle ingredients that can help your hair, including salicylic acid and panthenol. Salicyclic acid helps keep follicles clear of gunk that can cause scalp acne and other scalp-related problems, while the vitamin panthenol nurtures and strengthen weak hair.
2. Apply only alcohol-free styling products. Many mass-market styling products contain alcohol, which can dry out your scalp and cause all sorts of hair and scalp issues, including a receding hairline. Make sure you use alcohol-free products like MenScience Hair Styling Gel and MenScience Hair Styling Pomade to help maintain moisture levels while providing your hair with extra volume and hold to achieve your desired look.
3. Get enough selenium and zinc in your diet. These two nutrients are critical to growing healthy hair. Without enough selenium and zinc in your diet, hair follicles can weaken and the likelihood of hair breakage increases. Fish and nuts are good sources of zinc and selenium, but you can also get zinc — along with other essential nutrients — from MenScience Daily Men’s Multivitamin.
4. Stay out of the sun. Too much direct sun exposure can also weaken hair follicles, so make sure you’re using proper sun protection (like hats and caps) to reduce your risk of a receding hairline. If you already have thinning hair, applyMenScience TiO2 Sunblock SPF 30 to your scalp to protect from sunburn, age spots and other sun-related damage; thinning hair offers less sun protection than a full head of hair.
5. Make exercise a habit. Regular exercise can improve circulation, delivering more oxygen and nutrients to your scalp. Certain sports nutrition supplements can help your hair, too. Pre-Workout Training Booster Formula helps increase your body’s nitric oxide supply, which widens blood vessels and allows for more efficient nutrient transport. Muscle Builder Anabolic Activation Formula contains HMB and amino acids that may help strengthen your hair.
6. Take an omega 3 supplement. Omega 3s get a lot of attention from doctors and the media – and it is all well deserved. Omega 3s have been linked to improved cardiovascular and joint health as well as elevated mood levels. One other benefit: healthy hair. Just make sure you’re getting your omega 3s from a premium source with a high concentration of EPA and DHA. MenScience Omega 3 Supplement Formula contains more than 1,500 milligrams of pharmaceutical-grade fatty acids molecularly distilled from fish oil and marine lips for maximum purity.